Friday 11 November 2016

Symmetry - Middle Page


Shape
Whilst having a play around on Photoshop last night I found that duplicating and flipping the image creates an interesting graphic shape. I also like the overlay of the legs (using multiply) where there is a slightly darker tone. I thought about maybe including a different face/tail/something on one of the horses to differentiate them, but as it stands I like the simplicity of having the same image flipped.
As I was thinking about using the horse imagery for the middle page, a symmetrical image would work well for this and balance the concertina nicely (hopefully)

Problem
Every time I make a Lino stamp I always completely change the idea I had during the roughing stages! This may not be a bad thing but I think the rest of my composition ideas will probably happen on-screen, which is odd for me because I am a great believer in planning things out first.

No comments:

Post a Comment