Thursday 17 November 2016

Mansfield Park Brief - Initial Roughs

The Brief
Book Cover (Binding) Design
3 x Illustrations

Mansfield Park
I got the book and skimmed through it to get a general idea of the story before designing a cover for it. I feel like covers in general shouldn't be too obvious and ruin the story for the reader. Also the brief itself requires a minimal design due to the way it is printed.


Initial Roughs
After reading through the brief properly I had some very quick ideas about what I could play around with for the book cover, which is where I want to start the brief. Due to the brief being very specific about how it is printed and where it sits in a collection, I think a simple silhouette style image will work best.


Best Three Roughs - Peer Feedback
After drawing out my initial ideas I asked my peers which ones they thought I should progress with, luckily most people chose the ones I liked the best and want to create some variations of. Next, I will take the three most successful first drafts and draw out some more roughs of each one, trying to be exhaustive with composition and how I can most effectively place things in the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment