Friday 18 November 2016

Study Task 4

Jamie Caliri - 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' Title Sequence
When Teresa and Ben did the briefing for Moving Image the first thing that came to mind was this title sequence. I loved the film as a child and always wanted to leave the dvd on to watch the animation, which I remember being at the end of the film. The soundtrack was also very memorable which is something I want to take on board when thinking about the tone and theme of my stings.

Geefwee Boedoe - 'Monster's Inc.' Title Sequence
Similarly, Monsters Inc. was and is one of my favourite films, so I have watched the animated title sequence many times. I like the playfulness of the simple but effective shapes, mainly doors and how they interact to one another. Again, the music plays an important part in setting the tone.

Kuntzel and Deygas - 'Catch me if you can' Title Sequence
I had actually seen this sequence a few years ago whilst watching the film, I rediscovered it whilst browsing youtube. This animation seems really complicated and clever but when I actually saw how the images were moving, and after a session learning about After Effects, it didn't seem too complex at all. The use of composition and frame are what seem to be successful in this sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment