Monday 7 November 2016

More Lino Prints


Imagery
Thinking about the tone of the book and what I want to convey I started carving out some Venetian style imagery into the lino. I also drew out some more roughs of possible layouts across the pages and ideas as to where I could place things.


Textures
Whilst printing my second round of Lino prints I discovered that you can create textures with the actual roller and by hand burnishing rather than using the press. When I first tried this I thought I did it wrong but afterwards realised that I quite like the random marks and patterns created by doing this. I still want to make lots more of the mono print textures to keep on file. 
Actually, I might look up different techniques to use whilst doing this - I know that you can use water on the plate to create interesting spots and drips.


Ideas
I always like to move elements around (like in paper cutting) before committing to a composition. As this is a bit more difficult to do in a Lino cut I made some elements separately to put together digitally. This way I can make many of the same image and decide which design/texture to combine afterwards - this makes the process a bit more experimental and fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment