Sunday 27 November 2016

Illustration Friday - Tape


Word of the week - Tape
25th November 2016

The word this week I thought was a bit more challenging and frankly a bit boring. But I told myself I would do all the Illustration Friday briefs possible, so I tackled it anyway. After drawing out a few roughs I wanted to develop one of two ideas, but I thought the cassette tape idea was a bit too obvious for the subject matter - because the word tape is so limited! I started thinking about tape as something that fixes things which lead me to begin looking at imagery/objects which possess fragility.

Process

Most of the idea generation happened on-screen for this composition which is the first time ever I have worked in this way when using a digital process. I experimented even more than usual with layering of textures and how I could manipulate colour to make the imagery more dynamic and interesting to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment