Sunday 6 November 2016

Italian Connection to the World of Shakespeare

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/113364115594553506/

Throughout my research I noticed that the settings of a lot of Shakespeare's plays are somewhere in Italy - or similar mythical places.

According to www.shakespeare-online.com,

'The plays in which some or all of the action is set in Italy are: All's Well that Ends WellAntony and CleopatraCoriolanusCymbelineJulius CaesarThe Merchant of VeniceMuch Ado About NothingOthelloRomeo and JulietThe Taming of the ShrewTitus AndronicusThe Two Gentlemen of Verona, and The Winter's Tale. Keep in mind that some of these plays are not set exclusively in Italy.'

With this in mind I want to continue to look at Italian architecture and symbols to include in my book. I think following this theme will be interesting for me without being too obvious when including Shakespearean content.

No comments:

Post a Comment