Friday 4 November 2016

Mask Linocut & Photoshop Tests


Lino-Cutting
I really enjoyed lino cutting this mask, I printed in Black so I could change the colours afterwards on Photoshop. The only problem is that the tools I have aren't as effective as the ones in the print room, and sometimes it's full so I have to wait around to use them - maybe I will invest in my own if I decided to make a lot of Lino cuts for the final book.


Negatives - Invert
I tried inverting the original black image to see what a white version against a mono-printed background would look like.


Layering
Knowing I wanted to try out a pink/blue colour scheme, I duplicated the mask shape and sightly mis-registered the pink against the white. I like the effect this created, almost like a screen print


Visualising
Just to test the composition of my roughs, I put the pillar next to the mask in white. I need to cut out some archways and walls to visualise it properly, but for now this gives me a good idea of which colours to use.


Colour
I still want to test out a few variations of my chosen colours, I plan to use an overlapping colour as well as the two others. Changing them digitally afterwards seems to be very helpful so far in deciding on a scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment