Sunday 20 November 2016

Illustration Friday - Spider


Word of the week - Spider
18th November 2016

I think Sunday mornings have become the time when I tackle the Illustration Friday brief. So far I am really enjoying responding to just one word weekly, it gives me a certain amount of freedom and a fast pace to work at. I find this really helpful when generating ideas quickly and committing to one straight away. Creating images digitally and trying to develop these skills each week alongside other projects, I am starting to see a difference already! I am much more confident when going straight in to Photoshop/Illustrator from the roughing stages.

Process

For this image, I chose to design it completely in Photoshop. My roughs for this design were pretty simple, but I had some kind of pattern in mind which I wanted to happen on - screen. Once I had the general shapes ready I started experimenting with composition and colour. I am really trying to use more colour in my work, at the moment for some reason I keep using pink! Adding textures to shape is also something I am really enjoying and think works well.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment