Tuesday 29 November 2016

CMYK Mishap


I made a mistake!
I completely forgot when I started the concertina that to print is must be in CMYK colour mode! When I changed the mode from RGB the colours looked completely different which freaked me out a bit.

However, this may be a happy accident because when I started experimenting with colour in this mode, I actually preferred how it looked - I think more of a moody tone/atmosphere may work better for the subject matter. It reflects the use of moon imagery - night time.


I really like this colour scheme with an off-white background. It goes well with the theme of imagery I have in place at the moment.



When I got home I had a go at testing some more colours with the lino cuts. I like the purples/white with a light coloured background. I may try this when I have all of the composition finished.



I took a picture of the sky on the way home and thought I would colour pick it to test them for my book. The colours are really nice but I am not sure if they are the most effective to suggest a moody/mysterious tone overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment