Friday 10 February 2017

The Secret Garden - Classic Book


I chose to focus this brief on 'The Secret Garden' because as a child it was my favourite book, and now as an adult I still really enjoy the narrative. My aim is to re-create this classic visually, so move away from the more traditional imagery we associate with it and modernise imagery for a younger audience who may not be familiar with the story - still making it appropriate for an adult audience (like me) who may feel a sense of nostalgia about reading it again.

Producing a special edition (folio society style) version of the book is what I am aiming to do. I want the finished product to be something someone may get as a gift or something they would want to have in pride of place on their bookshelf. The cover above is from a copy I had as a child, which demonstrates the style of illustration expected from this content, I want to move away from this and create something new and exciting for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment