Sunday 19 February 2017

Initial Roughs


I jotted down a few very initial ideas I had from the general research I have done around the book so far. Obviously I need to go more into the actual book before I start roughing for the inside illustrations, but as I know the story so well already I wanted to make a start on ideas for the front cover. Also, after my book binding induction I felt inspired to make a properly bound hard back book as my final outcome - I can screen print and use foiling/flocking on the book cloth material which I think I will enjoy a lot as I haven't had much time to screen print much so far this year as I have trying out other print methods.


Considering colour is something I want to start thinking about early on, as it saves me time when it comes to actually making the imagery. At the moment I am visualising earthy colours such as greens, browns and reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment