Thursday 9 February 2017

Illustration Friday - Up


Lighting & Atmosphere
I really tried to step out my comfort zone and think about lighting with this one and be a bit more subtle with the texture I use, it has been a while since I did any digital work so I thought I would use this opportunity to do so. I definitely prefer working in analog media as I just generally feel more productive as I go through a project and test composition etc.

Symmetry
During the making of this image I noticed how much I enjoy working with symmetry. I never really think about flipping an image when I am in roughing stages, but when laying things out on screen I just find it really aesthetically pleasing to mirror certain elements within the frame. Also, with performance, duets do usually include dancers doing the same movements so I thought I would reflect this.

No comments:

Post a Comment