Thursday 23 February 2017

The Guardian & Nottingham Post


Theresa mentioned that the list of finalists for the competition was in The Guardian, which I had no idea about! Because of this I was able to see who the student entries were, as there are only five of us, I took note of which designs were made by students as I want to say hi and network a bit with these people when I go to London. I am actually really excited but also nervous for the awards night, just because most of the people there are going to be established practitioners and publishers and I may feel a little out of my depth. However, it is a great opportunity and good practice in how to present myself to industry professionals.


The Nottingham Post also got in contact as they wanted to interview me about my entry, and I got my buddy Shelly to take a photograph for them. I was a bit worried about answering so many questions but they were all mostly about my upbringing in Nottingham and what inspires me - which I enjoyed talking about. This is the first time I have ever been in the paper or had any kind of media attention for my illustration work so it's all very strange but very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment