Sunday 26 February 2017

Study Task 2

I chose Carson Ellis, Owen Davey, Anna Bond, Victoria Semykina and Laura Carlin to look at for this task. Although very different there are aspects within all of their practices that resonate with me and my work. The first thing I noticed was the inclusion of narrative and storytelling which is so apparent within the compositions I looked at, especially in Ellis, Semykina and Carlin's work. There is a tone set by the use of colour scheme and technique used - all of them have a very distinctive aesthetic but they also share similarities in this area. The use of perspective is also something that interests me, it creates depth and intrigue around an image. I like to think about what else could be happening outside the frame, within the little world described on the page. Anna Bond's work is a great example of how illustration can be applied to products and also work within an area of publishing appropriate for both children and adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment