Wednesday 1 February 2017

Task - Reflection

One thing I will take forward from 504
The things I learned in 504 will definitely influence my decisions for what I want to achieve within 505. Making a concertina book confirmed my interest in making work for publishing purposes. In 504 I also feel like I embraced the balance between using shape and detail which aesthetically is something I would like to explore further within my practice for this module.

One way I will push myself out of my comfort zone

I want to push myself out of my comfort zone more by making myself focus primarily on ideas rather than the way something looks. I am constantly struggling with the notion of coming up with ideas and really exhaustively going through every possible composition through roughing because I enjoy the making process so much, so I tend to skip ahead. Sometimes doing this works but there have been many instances where I think of another idea half way through making something and have to start all over again, I could have avoided this if I had spent a bit more time in my sketchbook.

One thing I want to accomplish by May
By May, I want to have a clearer idea of where I want my work to sit within the world of Illustration. Until recently, I had never considered this, I just knew that I liked to create certain types of images but felt a bit lost when thinking about them working within a professional environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment