Friday 14 October 2016

Study Task 3

1. Claire Curtis




















https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=claire%20curtis&rs=typed&term_meta[]=claire%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=curtis%7Ctyped

Linocut - I had never tried this technique before and I am really looking forward to trying this out during this project.

What I like
The composition and detail created with pattern and two colour inks is very effective in these examples. I like the texture created with the block shapes.

2. Sanna Annukka



 https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=sanna%20annukka%20print&rs=typed&term_meta[]=sanna%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=annukka%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=print%7Ctyped

Fabric Prints for Marimekko
Screen Print? - I think these are screen printed but if not the way they are produced is very similar to the process (shape, colour etc)

What I like
I especially like the designs printed onto fabric, I would love to try screen printing onto materials at some point during my time at Uni. Pattern is a predominant feature of Annukka's work which is something I feel works very well and provides detail.

3. Cornelia O'Donovan



https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=cornelia%20o'donovan&etslf=6733&eq=cornelia%20&term_meta[]=cornelia%7Cautocomplete%7C1&term_meta[]=o'donovan%7Cautocomplete%7C1

Linocut and Relief Print - The textures and details created in these prints are what grabbed my interest.

What I like
Texture is a big factor in my own work at the moment and something I am constantly looking for in other practitioners' work. I really like the distribution of it in the examples shown here, also the balance between block colour/shape and detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment