Monday 17 October 2016

Software Workshop 1



Overlapping Colour
The effects we created with overlapping the colours with the multiply tool was very useful, its nice to be able to see what the colours will look like before actually printing. I could experiment with the block colour and white, especially around the legs (block colour). I actually really like the colours I chose for this workshop, I will consider them for my prints - I think they would work for the theme of Shakespeare and the Elizabethan era.


a bit shady

Positives
Finally I now know how to make positives from a scanned image digitally, I have only ever made them before using a china marker. It's very handy to know you can make the blacks pure black on Photoshop, rather than worrying about the contrast of hand made positives.

Overprinting and Knocking out


Three Colour out of Two
I think overprinting looks really effective, especially with the intention of screen printing. As we only have two colours to work with, this method will be useful in producing a colour in the middle of the two- so essentially three colours.


Negative Space
The negative space created by knocking out is probably my favourite thing about it. I like how after separating the elements you can move things around.

No comments:

Post a Comment