Saturday 5 March 2016

Try Stuff

http://illustratedladies.tumblr.com/search/reflection

Reflective mood...
I have come to the realisation that if I really let go of what I am used to and open myself up to trying lots of techniques I can really progress with what I want to achieve in my work. I think sometimes I get a bit stuck working in one particular way and disregard things I am afraid of or aren't familiar with, whereas if I at least TRY everything then I may surprise myself. If not, that's still great too! - At least I will know what works for my practice and what I am not so keen on. 

I am going to try and stay in this mindset and remind myself that I am only in first year at Uni and perfection doesn't necessarily exist when it comes to illustration. Striving to achieve something great is what I always want to do but sometimes the pressure of this can get in the way of me expressing myself in my practice and putting my own humour/feeling/views across in my work the way I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment