Friday 25 March 2016

Poems

I read a lot of Sylvia Plath's poems and I know that a big part of where I pull my imagery from will be from the parts of these which I find most poignant.
When watching the film, Plath's most well-known poems where mentioned and I liked being able to hear them read out loud with a certain passion and frustration behind them. Particularly, I noticed this when 'Daddy' was read out as a monologue.


Lady Lazarus

This probably explains the tragedy of Sylvia Plath's life the most out of the collection I have looked at so far. I was intrigued by the analogy of using 'Lazarus' as a metaphor for her own life and her explanation of the events that ultimately would lead to her death.


Ariel
Winter Trees
Words

Shorter poems are often clearer in the message and more concentrated in what they are talking about - usually a simple moment. May be easier for me to translate, use these moments for postcard designs?


Love Letter
Mirror

My favourite poems in regards to finding imagery that I  would be excited to explore and somehow illustrate were 'Love Letter' and 'Mirror'. Both of them are fairly short compared to Plath's more famous poems, but packed with lots of imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment