Monday 7 March 2016

Candle lit Crit

Crit with Jamie & Peers

Issues discussed-
  • Abandoned cities, super roughs! Exhaustive. Big Tick!
  • Great use of colour and space - focal points. Eye drawing.
  • Colour palette. Explore muted tone throughout - Perhaps emphasising points through contrast and value changes.
Student action- 
  • Karel Martens - 'Evoking feeling rather than communicating absolute truth'.
What I got from it-
  • Ideas about how to progress and resolve my final designs more clearly.
  • How to use colour very subtlety to evoke a feeling and overall atmosphere with my postcards - reflecting my own thoughts about the cities I have chosen.
  • Composition is key and they way I have thought about it during the roughing stages has been very beneficial during this project so far.
Talk with Matt

Having a quick chat with Matt about the composition and relevance of imagery within my Underwater City design in particular helped me a lot to get out of the rut I was in when thinking of ideas when roughing. Also, I need to look at the certain kinds of trees found within  Seneca Lake to reference branches and bark patterns. - Look at the tones within the crack in the Centralia design.

No comments:

Post a Comment