Thursday 3 March 2016

Illustrator Induction


Pen Tool Exercise - Session 1

I wasn't expecting to enjoy today's session as I haven't ever used Adobe Illustrator before. However, I didn't think the pen tool was too difficult to use and I had quite a good time tracing Totoro. I also liked experimenting with the different brush tools and layers in a different way to Photoshop. This was a good introduction to the software and I am excited to try the same techniques with my own work.



Shape Tool - Session 2

During this session I made a start on my first postcard for the brief. I found it very useful to use the shapes in different opacities rather than trying to find certain colours. I also like the monochrome colour scheme although I may add one extra pop of colour as I progress. I also decided at this stage that I much prefer the pen tool for creating very specific shapes, but it was good to learn about how to use them when it comes to certain elements, such as headlights, where an ellipse tool worked better than the pen tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment