Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Fig Tree - Sylvia Plath



I had a look in the library for any books written by Sylvia Plath, I found her only novel - 'The Bell Jar', and 'Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams'. I am completely fascinated by this woman and the way she saw the world. I aim to read 'The Bell Jar' all the way through as it's not too long and I love to read in general. I had a skim through already and found some really interesting quotes already. In particular, the analogy of the fig tree really jumped out at me - it resonates with me and my own life, although probably not in the same way.

Even in this day and age I feel like we are pushed to choose just one path, people forget that it is possible to be more than one thing. Also, the idea of waiting around for a decision and realising it's too late is something I think rings a bell with all of us - sometimes it is better to just do things.. whether you are ready or not. That is what life is about and what makes it so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment