Wednesday 16 March 2016

Andy Singleton Lecture



 http://andysingleton.co.uk

After the lecture today I felt really inspired about my own work and what materials I might consider. I had already bought a huge batch of different coloured paper from the library shop in preparation for the Easter break, as I enjoyed including paper cuts in my gif work and book project I knew this project would be a great opportunity to explore this area a bit more.

Andy spoke about his transition from 2D work and paper cutting into 3D, bigger scale pieces. I really enjoyed looking at the detail which he captures in his work. He gave some advice to all of us which was to make things happen ourselves, if we want to do something then we should do it - just like he did with his exhibition in New York through kickstarter. I also thought a lot about taking my time with things after the lecture, he has great success now but it was a fairly long process and he gave himself time to learn about where his strengths were and what he could excel in. I especially liked the shop window designs and the ideas behind each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment