Saturday 5 March 2016

Fan Art Poster - Screen Printing



Process

I actually had a lot of fun screen printing with my pal Shelly today, as it is quite a long process it was nice to have someone to have a natter to. It was good to through the actual process of how to screen print again and Lyndon was incredibly helpful as usual. I think if it came to screen printing on my own now I would be fairly comfortable doing so.


Difficulties

Most of the time the printing process went smoothly. It was just when I got to the fancy paper when things seemed to go pear-shaped. My blue layer was still slightly tacky but I thought it would be fine to print the black layer over the top. When I did this, the coda trace we used to line up the image got stuck to the top of the tree trunk - so when I pulled it off the paper ripped slightly which was a bit annoying. Unfortunately this happened with both sheets, but I had some prints in the normal paper that I was happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment