Thursday 10 March 2016

To Colour or not to Colour? That is the Question


I am in two minds whether to colour my images or not! As abandonment is my theme a black and white scheme could highlight the bleakness I want to put across. I feel like I need a bit more practice as how to colour things in Illustrator and how colours can work together to create a tone. I may try making a palette of colours first to work with and then going ahead and trying them, may be less daunting. 


Problems with colouring on Illustrator

Using a palette I made myself on Photoshop, I started trying them out on my existing designs. For some designs, like the one with the crack in the floor, colouring was quite easy and effective straight away - but when I tried this with some others it was a lot more difficult. In particular, the car/tree design gave me soooo many problems when I tried to colour separate elements. The car is made up of quite a few different layers of tone, so I found it difficult to colour these all together and when I did it didn't look as bleak - it looked more like a children's advertisement or something. So eventually I thought i would think of something a bit more subtle that could work for all four postcards.




No comments:

Post a Comment