Monday 4 January 2016

Initial Narrative Ideas

How do I start to refine my final narrative?

Following previous ideas, I started thinking about certain narratives I may want to include for my final book design. This continued with merging imagery digitally to form mini narratives and planning out some very rough initial ideas through storyboarding. At first I found it quite difficult to put my ideas into the format of a sequence of images rather than a narrative in my own head. Once I repeatedly drew the same concept a few times in different ways it became a lot easier and I managed to come up with an idea I can easily refine.


I decided that I would like my imagery to be fluid across the whole length of a concertina book, including elements of things I found out to become the foundations of a bigger story. I think this layout will work well for my proposed theme.

  


Doubts!

I feel like the imagery I have produced at this stage reflects my confusion of what to include in my project. It is very busy and I think it lacks strong compositions and a simplicity which is key to the success of the readability of what I am trying to say. My next step is to take any unnecessary imagery/ideas that confuse the emotive aspect of my work and complicate things for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment