Wednesday 30 December 2015

Experimentation pt.4


Development of Media

I have continued to experiment with textures, mainly with gouache and water colour. Taking the stories I gathered from members of my own family, picking certain moments of the best ones I decided to try a few different ways of interpreting them. I tried adding tones and textures digitally but found that the image lost a bit of its authenticity - although it was a successful image in creating an atmosphere.

Replicating the tone of this image, I used a mixture of watercolour and gouache then dipped kitchen towel in it to create the texture I wanted. I think this has worked well and is something I want to continue to experiment with a few different images, to see if it will work across an entire picture book. 



Considering Colour

Trying not to just use a monochrome colour scheme! I am always tempted to use black and white as it's a lot easier to manipulate in an image. However, for this project I really want to create an atmosphere throughout the whole narrative of the story I will eventually produce. The colours I have chosen to use help to set the tone, and I especially like the inclusion of a red. In my mind, this signifies blood shed and the presence of danger in the theme I have chosen to focus one.

No comments:

Post a Comment