Tuesday 12 January 2016

Storyboarding

Challenges

So far I have found storyboarding to be the most challenging aspect of the whole process leading up to making the book. Today I was stuck in a bit of a rut, I couldn't figure out how to position my images so they worked as a whole whilst still including detail and an atmosphere. At this stage, I have changed the format of how I want to present the final picture book. Instead of a concertina I think a saddle stitch would be more appropriate for the kind of narrative and difference in pages.

After a chat with Matt, it was obvious that I was taking on too many of the stories I had gathered during the research period. A book of 12 pages doesn't need such an elaborate narrative, I think this was due to my own love of books and stories. I wanted to include some of the great things I found out, but as soon as I realised no one would be able to make sense of what I was trying to say with my images, I was able to let certain elements go and condense down into a more concise plan of action.



My final layout for the storyboard took me a while to design, I went through many different ideas before I arrived at this. Most of them I only changed slightly each time, but I wanted to make sure I had everything in place before I started making final imagery.





No comments:

Post a Comment