Monday 11 January 2016

Group Crit

Issues discussed at the tutorial

Background - Watercolour gradient to add depth? White seems stark/flat. Try overcast/clouds/rain.
Red splattering may look a bit horror themed - What/how do I want the reader to feel afterwards? Scared, angry, sad? - Maybe use of rain.
Really good that the storyboard has been nailed down - Can now focus on media experimentation.

Student Action

Continue experimenting with texture, background, Photoshop. Try to make a few book mock-ups - not just pages.

What I gained from the session

I found the crit today really useful. Until now I have felt that spent a lot of time alone with my project so far, and it was nice to see what other people's reactions to my ideas were. Using materials I am not too familiar with has made me take more risks and step out of my comfort zone. Through this experimentation, I now have a clear direction of where I want to take this project and how I am able to do that, not just limiting myself to one media but opening myself up to a range of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment