Sunday 10 January 2016

Isabelle Arsenault


http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/books/this-is-our-house-and-once-upon-a-northern-night.html?_r=0

What drew me to Isabelle Arsenault's work was the use of different textures she uses. The success of her image making depends heavily on her use of composition to create an atmosphere. Looking at work like this has been the starting point of me broadening my own practice by experimenting with textured collage. I am currently enjoying the process of this and it is nice for me to try something out of my own comfort zone. Using a colour palette of limited colours seems to be a successful element within Arsenault's work, this also helps to set the tone of the work - something I am currently working on in my own project.



No comments:

Post a Comment