Saturday 30 January 2016

3D & Lens Task


Initial Ideas

For the Visual Language task over this week I decided to focus on the mutation/super power of having wings/flight, which is the power I would most like to have, as well as being able to be invisible but that would be a bit difficult to include a human form. I thought about just placing clothes in a room with invisible thread to look like the body form had disappeared, but that would not be sticking to the rules of the brief.

Making the wings

This was the most time consuming thing. I probably could have just used real feathers but I liked the authorship I had over the wing and the crispness of the paper cut outs. Because I had more time this week to dedicate to other things I spent way more time on Visual Language than I usually have a chance to do. I enjoyed the process of making something with my hands, painting and then placing the feathers.

Taking the Photograph

I took sooo many photos throughout the day. I had set aside one day in particular just to take the picture, making the wings took up most of the week! This was mostly due to the fact that I have already done most of my CoP essay. At the start of the day it didn't look promising as the weather was awful. I took some pictures inside the house in front of the window but it didn't have the same effect as actually sitting in the tree.




The weather brightened up around midday so I had a stroll down to the park near my Dad's house in Lowdham. At first I felt like a bit of a wally sat on my own wearing paper wings taking photographs with the odd passer-by and their dog. I eventually found a good spot on an old tree we used to climb as children, so I knew it was possible to get up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment