Sunday 1 January 2017

Developing Scene 2



Drawing out the figures I want to include within the scene on tracing paper enables me to draw the different sections on to coloured paper easily. The relationship between shape and texture is something I really want to explore within this brief. I am having a lot of fun thinking about this in relation to such a traditional subject matter.


I wanted the people in the crowd not to take away from the central figures, therefore I faced them away from the viewer. I intend to include less detail on them also.


I came to the conclusion that using thread on a part of each image was a good way to highlight a little bit of detail without distracting from the overall scene. In the first illustration this was essential. I needed a way to describe the harp strings and using paper was too bulky for the aesthetic I wanted to create. In this scene, I wanted to include a chandelier, so this would be my opportunity to include the thread, keeping continuity. Although this is super fiddly I like the way it looks, and as it is only one small area I am willing to put the work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment