Friday 26 February 2016

Fan Art Poster - Initial Sketches



Initially, I made a list of possible things I could base my initial designs on. I narrowed it down fairly quickly to work on Pan's Labyrinth, a spanish film about war and the imagination of a young girl - Ofelia, it has been and remains one of my favourite films. The imagery within the film gave me a lot to work with and as the imaginative part of the film is filmed in a blue hue lighting, ideally I would like to incorporate this as one of my two colours for screen printing. I am very excited about this task and hope that I can do the film justice in my final print design.

I definitely want to include the hands with eyeballs in the palms - This is probably, for me, the most iconic scene from the film so I want to include this imagery somewhere in my design. The central character is Ofelia and I really like how the film follows events from her viewpoint, so I want to make her the main focus of my image.

No comments:

Post a Comment