Sunday 7 February 2016

Little Character Dudes



Hedgehog

I had a lot of fun drawing a variety of the same character. Slightly changing features each time I drew was helpful in me developing something I was happy with. My favourite character on this page is the one with spikes only on the top part of the hedgehog's head.


There were many ways I could take this character as his hair is the main feature, I wanted the storyboards to reflect this. Experimenting with colour, hairstyles and action has given me many paths of where I could go next with this particular hedgehog.




Bird

Whilst drawing random bird characters I had an idea to incorporate a cuckoo clock. I am not sure just how feasible this is as a gif. It may be a bit too ambitious in the time we have to create the final outcomes but I like it as an idea.



Cat

Cats are one of my favourite animals (as are hedgehogs) so I didn't want to miss them out of my sketch booking for characters. They have such interesting movements, and I wanted to describe this in my drawings. If I were to move forward with a cat character I would probably either focus on a sleepy or playful theme e.g. chasing tail, stretching, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment