Tuesday 23 February 2016

Depth


Line of Sight

In the session today we looked at many different practitioners and the use of depth, line of sight and variations on viewpoints. I found this exercise very helpful in identifying these things in a less obvious way. In my own work I think I have been including and making use of these techniques without realising what it was or how my composition can be improved by my understanding of these things. Being able to lead the viewer's eye from one part of an image to another is a useful thing to grasp when constructing an image in the early stages.


Sean Tan

This image in particular really interested me. The viewpoint from above, as if in the eye of the fish/bird, was a great variation on how an image can be perceived and how depth can be added to communicate something in very dynamic unusual ways. Several lines of sight are also included in the composition which draws an audience in to different aspects of the image as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment