Friday 26 February 2016

Development


Thinking through Drawing

Taking my initial ideas forward I am trying out a variety of different compositions of the same themes. At this stage, I am literally just jotting down every idea that floats into my head. I am finding this very useful - thinking through drawing, I think I am starting to realise what Matt means when he says this now. Drawing the same ideas different ways makes it easier to see what I want to communicate and how I can do this through placing different things in the frame.


Taking my chosen places, I looked at photography from those areas and found some fascinating imagery taken from abandoned places. I sketched out some of the main elements in order to incorporate them into my designs.



I did a quick test of cut paper in my sketchbook to see what an idea I had for Seneca Lake could look like using vectors as shape. As it stands I don't want to include line work but maybe an overlapping of colour for where tonal areas would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment