Friday 4 December 2015

Tell an Untold Story pt. 1 Initial Research

Research into an Individual field trip - Something that interests me


After looking into a variety of different places to visit on-line, I came across the Imperial War Museum North in Manchester. I thought this would be great as I am very interested in the personal stories of War and impacts on people, there are a great many untold war stories. I can also link this to my own family and gain research on how war has impacted them when I go back home for Christmas. Dermot Turing (nephew to Alan Turing, who decoded German messages in the war) was signing books on 2nd December so I decided to go on that day in the hope of asking him some questions.

The Imitation Game - Film




After I decided I would go to the Imperial War Museum for my research, I watched 'The Imitation Game'. This was in preparation for meeting Dermot Turing to get an idea of questions I may want to ask and a general sense of what Alan Turing managed to achieve in World War 2. I drew (very quickly) as I watched the film, picking out certain quotes, characterisation, décor and tried to demonstrate expression and moments between the characters. This way of drawing was beneficial to me as usually I tend to get hung up on one drawing for too long but with this there was no time to worry about that, the more I drew the easier it got.

No comments:

Post a Comment