Wednesday 23 December 2015

Experimentation Pt. 3


As well as trying different media out in my sketchbook I want to continue experimenting digitally and manipulating the images I have created to see what options I have to work with when producing more and more drawings.


 

I recall my Nana telling me the story of how once when she was very small and could only just look over the window sill to see outside, she was watching a city being bombed and the sky was alight - very far away. She later learned from her mother that that was the night Coventry Cathedral was bombed.

 

I created a few different characters using the same techniques, to get used to the media and also what expressions/stance I want the characters to have within the narrative, as well as being able to place them digitally into different scenarios I have created. Storyline is something I want to introduce into my final design, which is something I will work on when I see my Nana. I can then ask her questions and find stories relevant to the World War II subject.

 



I have also been playing around with whether I want the images to be set in day time or night time. I may want to signify the blackout in some parts, so will include minimal imagery and brighter parts to signify lighting. I know I will be able to get some stories from my own family of this period in time and what a real blackout was like - what they had to do/patrols, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment