Sunday 6 December 2015

Research Initial Response

Following the research at the Imperial War Museum and The Playhouse I wanted to focus on the personal experiences of people during the war, especially children and the way people feel afterwards. I aim to link this research with the experiences of my own family, what they did in the war and how they were affected afterwards.


The whole notion of evacuation must have been terrifying, not just for the children but for the parents who were sending their children away. The state and future of the country was not determined, and children may not have had parents to go to after the war was over. For many, evacuation meant goodbye.

My favourite quote from my day in Manchester was 'We go into battle wearing the keys to heaven around our necks'. I found this statement very emotive, it highlights the sacrifice of war and the way soldiers might have felt when going into battle for our country's freedom.




At this stage, I am just experimenting with initial drawings, trying out a variety of methods and keeping an open mind of where my project could go.

No comments:

Post a Comment