Tuesday 8 December 2015

Feedback Session

Peer Review

How well did I make sense of my field trip? What impressed my peers?

  • Impressed with the depth of the research, particularly the interviews, quotes and the effort into secondary sources (films) etc.
My use of drawing as a research tool

  • Very good use of drawing in response to the research. The visual element with selected quotes is something that I think has a lot of potential image wise. Such as the keys to heaven.
My use of Secondary research as a research tool

  • Museum - factual, Museums films. Provide accurate retellings of events. Could continue looking at books, online if need be.
Which proposed themes/concepts/narratives at this point do my peers feel has the most potential for further development? And why?

  • Looking at the war and your families viewpoints has a lot of potential and is really personal, especially the contrast between England and Germany.
What do my peers think would be their next steps would be if this was their research?

  • Maybe focus on the one theme or interview and gather more facts/quotes/drawings from it.
Can my peers identify any issues with my research? Is it too complex? Vague? Lacking intent?

  • No, I think it has a strong intent and a really interesting focus. You just need to narrow your ideas further in order to go forward and do more research.
What I gained from the Peer Review


The session today really helped me to hone in on the possibilities of where I could go with this project, I felt today was a very reassuring day (probably part of that was to do with getting my results back from the first module) but also in regards to what I was doing so far in this project. I also have lots of ideas of how I can research when I go home for Christmas, which include delving into my own family history. My Great Grandfather on my mother's side fought for Germany whilst my Great Grandfather on my father's side fought for Britain, so there could be an interesting contrast or similarity of stories somewhere there. I also want to ask my Nan what she remembers as a child during the war and how she feels about it in reflection now. From my experience talking to Frank Tolley in particular, I felt extremely thankful that people like him carry the burden of guilt, and all of that was to ensure our freedom today. Incorporating my own personal view on war and a narrative that can evoke an emotion out of a viewer is something I am very interested in achieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment