Monday 21 December 2015

Secondary Research - Film/Books



The Book Thief

I think for this project in particular, it has been helpful to see how others tackle an emotive subject matter through other art forms (books, film, television, etc) so I can gain more of an understanding of how to handle such a narrative.

The Book Thief has been my favourite book for a while, it is cleverly written and such a heartbreaking story! It has been interesting to see how the story has been adapted to the screen, which in my opinion depicts the emotion and brutality of war very successfully.
As well as the content of the story, I find that drawing from film helps to loosen up the way I draw and speeds up the process a lot. I want to continue finding other relevant films/television programmes to watch and draw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment