Sunday 20 December 2015

Experimentation with Media

I continued to experiment with gouache, cable tape and watercolour methods which I have enjoyed a lot. It's nice to have more time over this Christmas period to just try out different ways of working, without so much as trying to achieve a final outcome straight away.



I tried using cable tape to create shapes and this lead me on to painting over the top and removing the tape. I will experiment more with layers and colours using this technique, more than anything I just enjoyed the process - I'm not sure if I will end up incorporating this technique into my final design.


I decided to merge together a few of the drawings on Photoshop, just to try out composition and experiment with digital collage and texture. I like the effect of the textures so will make some more of my own, I got this idea from the Visual Language session where we made our own texture before creating an image. I feel that texture works well for the atmosphere I want to create, bringing a worn quality to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment