Sunday 16 April 2017

Starting Illustration 5


Roughing onto the screen
Starting this illustration I wasn't too sure about the roughs I drew out in my sketchbook. I liked the composition of the bed and the thought bubble but the characters had changed throughout the development stages on-screen. Because of this I roughed out the general shapes of the figure with the intention of adding in the detail after.


Facial Expressions
Colin is described as a bit of a hypochondriac in the book. He is not a very happy person, which is something I wanted to depict in this image. I did this primarily by thinking about his expression and making the blush a grey colour, instead of pink.  


Colour and Detail
I am enjoying adding detail especially to the bedding and interior decor found within the image. The idea around this design is based on Mary's thoughts and descriptions of the garden as she sits at Colin's bedside. I want to use a thought bubble coming from Mary to show this, hopefully the composition won't be too busy and I will be easily readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment