Wednesday 26 April 2017

Starting Illustration 2


To start with I just sketched the general shapes of where I could place the frames. Later on, I decided to add in shelves with other elements on them. Also, in my test image for illustration 2 I added in cobwebs which I liked a lot, it added a bit more detail.



Going back to the second illustration I felt that the composition I used in my initial digital test was far too complicated, particularly amongst other images that embody a certain amount of detail. Therefore, I stripped down the quote I used, basing my work upon 'the faces that stared at her', in relation to portraits hanging on the wall. I wanted to focus more on the actual portraits than anything else, I really enjoy working with decor and time period themes so this seemed to be the best way to move my project forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment