Saturday 8 April 2017

Illustration 3 Progress


Mrs Medlock
I re-read the text again and I decided that I wanted to include Mrs Medlock, she is a central figure involved in the scene I am illustrating - I want this image to capture the moment when they first enter the room of Lord Craven. I didn't know if I would have the opportunity within the other images to include the Victorians servant dress so I included it here. Also, it is Mrs Medlock that says the quote I am drawing from 'This is Miss Mary, sir'.

Fire
Creating the fire took me a lot longer than expected! I didn't draw out a specific way I would tackle this in the roughing stages, and I thought it would be a lot easier than it turned out to be. I couldn't decide on the colours, not wanting to distract from the rest of the imagery I was going to put in, I didn't want it to be too vibrant. Eventually I realised that layering 3/4 colours was the best option, which is what I ended up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment