Tuesday 4 April 2017

Illustration 1 Development


Face & Features
Today I continued to work on the finer details in the first illustration. I am still deciding whether or not to include the details in the face or just use simple shapes to suggest a face, etc. If I do include detail it will be done with lighter colours, as shown above, I don't want this to become the main focus of the image. However, I think I might be able to put across the tone better by including expressions. For me, I am actually pretty happy with the way this one is turning out. I think Mary's expression fits with the way she is described at the beginning of the book, she is 'disagreeable', so I tried to make her look slightly unimpressed. 


Background
I also added a few little trees in the background and gave the robin an eye which I think adds more depth. Imagery that you can look into and find little extra details is what I like to create in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment