Friday 31 March 2017

Finalising Roughs 1, 3 & 4


Illustration 1
The first quote I am basing this scene on is where Mary starts to enquire about the garden. I liked the imagery of including the robin in this image, who is described as luring Mary towards the wall where the garden is hidden. Composition-wise, I didn't know whether to include Mary looking up at the branch from the side or from above. I think I will start with the one from above (right) as this is more dynamic and interesting to look at.


Illustration 3
I had quite a clear idea of the type of composition I wanted to use when thinking about the portrayal of Lord Craven and the mysterious aura around him within the book. The image on the right I think captures most of what I am aiming for. Of course, as I start to work digitally I will probably change elements of this.


Illustration 4
This one has taken me longer to get to the point where I am happy with the composition. I wanted Dickon to be at the fore front of the image, and to begin with I couldn't work out how to draw him in a way that would keep the image interesting as a whole. I made the tree smaller and the figure bigger which helped this. I am still not completely sure about this one, but I will continue to develop the images as I work in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment