Wednesday 6 April 2016

More Paper Crafting/Pattern


Sketchbook into Paper Crafting

I have started to look at more natural forms and patterns found within the actual leaves of the plants and the repetition of these to create different symbols. I am really enjoying just the process of drawing and figuring out what will work for the overall imagery to describe the essence of Sylvia Plath - I want to include more ambiguous imagery to reflect her life and poetry. Focusing on these elements found within many of her poems/writing is really helping me to hone in on where I want to take the project and what I want to say.

I am taking my initial drawings and using them as a guideline to cut shapes out of coloured paper - layering them up is also an effective way of creating depth with too much fuss or detail. Really enjoying this way of working!


No comments:

Post a Comment