Saturday 17 October 2015

Typology Poster Week 1

Week 1 - Task
  • Come up with 10 different themes for a Typology poster.
  • List, research, visualise and develop full A-Z ideas for each theme.
  • Include as many ideas for each letter as possible.
  • Draw 26 drawings for each theme (260).
Favourite Themes

A-Z of an Animal Marching band.
  • Match the first letter of an instrument to the first letter of the animal.
  • Humorous and playful concept.
  • The idea for my chosen theme 'Animals with Careers' stems from this, I find the notion of animals doing human activities very funny.


A-Z of Phobias
  • Distorted images to look scarier to the viewer.
  • Interesting concept.
  • Although the idea of phobias is an attractive theme for me to research and spend time on, I wasn't sure whether the audience would have much of a reaction to it.


A-Z of Animals with Careers
  • Personifying animals.
  • Funny to a viewer.
  • Chosen idea - I liked the concept and felt that I could have a lot of fun putting the animals in different scenarios people face in a workplace environment.
  • I enjoy putting narrative and storyline into my work.



A-Z of Emotional Food
  • Food with human expressions.
  • I found it difficult to make the food look like the faces were their own rather than just putting a human face on a vegetable etc.
  • Funny idea but not chosen as I wanted the poster to be set in a scene rather than a grid format.



Chosen theme - A to Z of Animals with Careers.

Challenges
  • Coming up with 10 different themes was a lot more challenging than I initially thought it would be. I feel that I just put a few random ideas in there for the sake of it, I was more interested in completing the amount of drawing than the actual concepts behind them towards the end. This may have been a bit of a hindrance and a pointless exercise for the project as a whole.
  • I thought my hand was going to drop off by the end of the week! I did eventually reach 260 drawings however I do think the notion of repetition and testing out drawing tools did help to develop my ideas to the point where I knew what I wanted to use for my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment