Thursday 15 October 2015

Photoshop Skills

Week one



By adjusting levels, hue and the saturation of the image I was able to easily change the look of my originally black and white image. I really liked the way the saturation depicted the tonal areas in particular as a brighter colour. Most of the things we were taught this week I already knew, however it was great to get a recap of basic skills.

Week two



This week I experimented more with colour, using the Multiply feature and many different layers in order to create a variety of effects using the same image. Creating shadows and filling in the image was actually a lot easier than I anticipated. I learnt a lot from this session and have already found certain tips and tricks very useful in the rest of my work. 

Week three

 

I decided to try scanning in a different image this week, i found a figure easier to manipulate. 
I also scanned in my own textures including my own hand and my bag. It was great practice to get used to using masks in order to create textures within my image without ruining the original drawing.

 

Learning how to create my own custom paint brush was surprisingly easier than I expected and something I was very excited about. I used a custom paint brush of my Circus man's shoe and a Multiply layer to produce a pattern over his clothing.


Patterns made with custom brushes and duplicated images.

 

These sessions were extremely useful for me as although I am familiar with Photoshop I have never been taught how to use it properly. 
I have always guessed at what will work best when trying to add colour, create patterns etc. so the skills I have acquired will save me a lot of time in the future. - Multiply option is a life saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment